Afiqah Yusof, 18.
IG; afiqah.y
Twitter; afiqahyusof_

Here's where I membebel about things you're not interested in.



   Photobucket





Piano.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 @ 7:48 PM


I think I owe people a story about my piano journey (lah sangat!) haha. How I started to continue playing after 3 years of abandoning it. Yes, three years.

I started learning at the age of 11.

Sebenarnya I was torn in between to learn piano ke violin. Then I decided to amik violin because omg who knows why??? Lepastu ayah kata violin boring sebab lagu slow slow & menyedihkan serta lagu yang memurungkan hidup je yang boleh main. Unless dah gempak level Lindsey Stirling yang kena belajar bertahun tahun. But I didn't mind. Nak jugak nak jugak nak jugak!

And then we went to the class nak register. Teacher tu cakap nak belajar violin if you know nothing about music ni memang susah sangat. So okay, I go with piano. Tapi tak register lagi. Ayah cakap register after beli piano. Kang dah belajar kat class takde piano kat rumah, cemana nak practise.. And yup, you can consider that piano really was my second choice. And then we bought an electronic piano. Of course lah excited. Second choice tak second choice. I couldn't get over piano. Tiap masa hadap dia je. Padahal tak reti main pun. Sebab tak enter class lagi time tu.

So permulaan, I refer to synthesia. Time tu layan Metallica. Belajar Nothing Else Matter. Dah main sikit, terus suruh ayah dengar aku main. He was proud. That I didnt attend class pun I already can play kinda well for a beginner - who knows nothing abt music at that time. Tapi synthesia kot. Siapa je tak boleh follow? Masa tu jela bajet sikit muahahahha.

And then few weeks later baru masuk class what so ever bla bla bla sampai 3 years. Sampai la form 1. And then I lost interest. I got bored. Cikgu piano asyik ditukar tukar. Mood pun tukar tukar. Dah suka cikgu tu, few months dia tukar lagi. Until last sekali I got a male teacher. And kinda pissed sebab dia ajar sambil dia belajar. Because class tu 30 minutes je tau, and once a week. So don't waste time plZZzzsss??? Teach me. You're my teacher. U learn at home. In class, u teach me.

Gitew ha. Protes.

So macam, you know it's kinda annoying bila dia nak ajar "like this," lepastu dia main piano to show me. Kejap lagi dia stop because he hit the wrong note. Lepastu dia try so many times sampai dapat. Sama la cemana aku practise kat rumah. I know people make mistakes. But if every classes buat macam tu bosan la jugak. I expect u to teach me. Ko praktis la kat rumah, cmOn! Dia bazirkan suku masa kelas aku tau. Kalau class free takpe. Huh! Okay dah lah tu. nak cite pasal cikgu ke pasal aku kan? 

And then stop la piano class. Pujuk ayah nak violin. Kengkonon sebab dah tahu pasal music. Accepted. Ayah pun belikan violin. Few months after class violin tu I stopped HAHAHA!

Violin gotta be the hardest shit to learn. Bosan ah nak gesek bow pun aku give up.

So start pertengahan 2012 sampai la 2014 memang aku tak main instruments. Dengar lagu je. Kadang kadang bila bosan main piano. Repeat lagu yang sama selama 2 taun tu sebab memang takde mood betul nak belajar lagu lain. Lagu nothing else matters pun dah lupa. Main lagu Marriage D Amour je. Dah sampai 2 taun, I can actually play lagu tu with my eyes shut. Family pun agaknya bernanah telinga. Haha.

Lepastu, 2015 comes.

Shahzreen, my unbiological sister sejak darjah 6. She's the one yang memang support me in everything I do. And then she loves seeing me play lagu Marriage D Amour tu. This year, she uploaded me playing the song dekat Instagram dia. And then the comments memang gave me semangat to continue playing. Tapi macam tu macam tu jela. Tak main jugak pun.

Kemudian, I, as a typical teenage girl... bhaha I like someone. :)

I don't really consider it as me liking that someone. I fell in love. By his way at everything he does, his voice and.. whatever bla bla bla. Yet he doesn't even know my full name. Odd is that, I didn't even know who he was. Adakah ini namanya chenta di pandang pertama? Bhaha! We share the same school though. And I know almost everything about him ald. Lol.

I told my siblings about it. Lepastu pesanan abangku, he said to not stop playing piano. Continue. In some ways, maybe, who knows that would attract him.

So I did. I listen to his advice. Months after, my instagram feed is full with piano covers. He did like some of my vids. I get song requests quite a lot. Didn't thought I'd end up being like this. My obsession over piano is mad. I can also play some songs by ear. Currently having 20 pending requests. And get to know alot of pianists who also watch my cover kat Instagram.

Dekat sekolah pun tak sabar balik rumah because nak main piano.

I actually have a hobby, and a life, something to do when I'm bored. You know. Other than tweeting and instagram-ing and such. I. Have. A. Hobby.

And I thank my crush a lot for that. He gives me my life back. And from that I think piano is really meant for me. Dari dulu macam asyik ke arah piano je. Though my heart goes for violin, tapi Tuhan dah letakkan piano for me.

And now I don't play piano to even attract my crush anymore. I play it from my heart. I play it for me. I get happiness. And calmness. Peaceful. Because literally, 'we can't touch music'.

But it can touch you.

Sincerely.



PAST
PRESENT